EXAMPLE OF OUR POLICING REFORM PROPOSALS
BLACK DEFENDANTS POLICING PROPOSALS
ATTENTION: IF YOU USE OUR IDEAS, PLEASE GIVE US CREDIT. WE ARE A SMALL BAND OF POLICY MAKERS WHO LOST EVERYTHING WE SANK INTO THIS VENTURE DUE TO COVID-19. THE ONLY THINGS WE HAVE LEFT ARE OUR IDEAS, OUR LOVE FOR HUMANITY, AND OUR LOVE FOR AMERICA.
AT THIS POINT WE JUST WANT TO HELP SAVE BLACK LIVES. SO, AGAIN, IF YOU USE OUR IDEAS, PLEASE GIVE US CREDIT!
Do you believe all cops are bad cops?
Do you believe that some are good cops who have bad days and make bad decisions at bad moments and that these “snapshots” should not completely characterize them?
Do you believe the majority of cops are great cops?
Basketball cop makes us ask these questions, he's the cop who responded to a disturbance call by joining kids in a game of basketball. Some time later he was caught on camera slamming a kid on the hood of a car.
How do we encourage, support, and reward the great ones, help the good ones, and get rid of the cancerous bad ones.
How do we build solid and effective relationships between communities and patrolmen & their precincts?
You fund the police using the Black Defendants Plan to reward the great, help the good, and get rid of the bad.
Our plan is a 3 Phase Process to Criminal Justice reform that embraces the principles of
- Uncompromising transparency
- Uncompromising accountability
- From contact to release.
Phase 1 - Patrolmen and Precincts
Phase 2 - The Courts
Phase 3 - Corrections
The 4 Steps of phase 1 consists of
1. Document (body cameras)
2. Keep Cool (de-escalation)
3. Keep Alive (hand to hand combat and physical strength training)
4. Keep in Touch (community events)
Initiatives at a glance
- Every patrolman in the nation MUST wear a body camera AT ALL TIMES while on duty so that their excellent acts can be accurately, completely, and objectively documented. NO EXCEPTIONS
KEEP COOL & KEEP ALIVE
- Take every patrolman in the nation off the beat for 8 hours per week and replace it with 8 hours of paid training per week in de-escalation techniques, hand to hand non-lethal combat training, and physical strength training PLUS provide an additional 2 hours of optional paid physical strength training. That's 10 hours of paid training for every patrolman in the nation every week.
KEEP IN TOUCH
- Heavy funding for quarterly community / law enforcement collaborative events designed to promote relationship building between officers and the communities they serve. Examples of events include cookouts / picnics, sports competition (softball, basketball, flag football, etc.), breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, concerts / talent shows, etc.
- Merit or bonus pay for successfully utilizing techniques on duty that de-escalate otherwise potentially deadly outcomes.
- Supplying an on-site gym / weight training facility at every precinct in the nation
- Any patrolman that engages in abusive, brutal, disproportionate, or excessive force will likely be fired, criminally charged, and prevented from working in law enforcement anywhere in the nation.
- Any patrolman that falsifies reports, attempts to circumvent / usurp the body cameras operation, or tries to cover-up abuse, brutal, or excessive force will be fired, likely criminally charged, and prevented from working in law enforcement anywhere in the nation.
- Any patrolman with knowledge of a patrolman who falsifies a report, attempts to circumvent / usurp the body cameras operation, or tries to cover-up abuse, brutal, or excessive force will be fired, likely criminally charged, and prevented from working in law enforcement anywhere in the nation.
- If there is no complete body camera footage for an incident, contact, arrest, etc, the consequence should be a termination, possible felony obstruction of justice charges, and a ban from working in law enforcement.
- Protect officers from inaccurate characterization when they properly do their difficult jobs
- Reward those whom are the apex of criminal justice & exhibit excellent law enforcement
- Build valuable relationships among communities, patrolmen, and precincts.
- Eradicate brutality and misconduct in record time
- Be pro-police and pro-defendant
- Keep Defendants Alive
- Provide an unbiased and record of events
- Weed out officers with no self control or deep hatred
We have developed a more in depth version of the general plan which includes the intricacies of making the policies practical and beneficial to all.