More Case Information
VERN'S JOURNEY THROUGH THE CRIMINAL "JUST-US" SYSTEM
Vern Braswell was wrongfully convicted of second degree murder and repeatedly denied justice by an all-White alliance of elected court officials and judges who either hid and destroyed evidence of his innocence or sat silently by and watched as it was done.
EVIDENCE OF INNOCENCE THAT PROSECUTOR AMY WEIRICH
WITHHELD AND DENIED AT TRIAL
• Withheld medical records and evidence that proved Shelia had a deficiency that would result in temporary paralysis which would have backed up Vern's claims about Shelia dying in the Jacuzzi but Weirich chose to tell the jury there was no reason why Shelia couldn't remove herself from it.
• Weirich withheld evidence which proved she had knowledge about a woman who was an intimate partner of the Braswells who could have backed up Vern's trial testimony, but Weirich chose to keep this evidence from the jury.
• Withheld evidence of letters that proved Weirich knew that Vern and Shelia resolved differences by amicably writing letters to each other, but Weirich portrayed to the jury that Vern resolved issues with Shelia by being wife beater.
MORE EVIDENCE OF VERN'S INNOCENCE
• A woman who was left out of the trial because of trial attorney error, was later located. She later showed up and told the court that on multiple occasions she witnessed the Braswells engaging in erotic asphyxia because she actually participated in intimate acts with the Braswells .
• An expert forensic pathologist who was left out of the trial because of non-payment by the original trial attorney and poor commutation, later showed up and told the court that the autopsy findings were consistent with erotic asphyxia.
POSSIBLE CRIMINAL CONDUCT BY OFFICIALS
• Some of Vern's best evidence which directly contradicted the prosecutors’ claims, completely vanished from the "secured" court records. The disappearance benefited prosecutors because it meant that Vern was stuck with a sentence he couldn't effectively challenge.
• A sealed envelope of hidden evidence about Vern was discovered in the "secured" prosecutor's file created by Amy Weirich and when prosecutors were ordered to produce the envelope to see what evidence of innocence it contained, it completely vanished also.
• A young Black female attorney that formerly represented Braswell, testified and spoke out about withheld evidence by prosecutors in the Braswell case that she discovered. Allegedly (based on a Change.org petition) she was blackballed by Amy Weirich's DA office, forced to shut down her practice and leave town.
• Braswell's Black original trial lawyer was informed that if he gave testimony in favor of Vern, the trial lawyer could receive unfair criminal charges filed against him by Amy Weirich's DA office; so he "held back" during his testimony about the Braswell injustices.
The all-White judicial alliance also simultaneously granted relief and new trials to White defendants with similar cases that had fewer inconsistencies and less trial errors than Braswell.